25 November, 2009

And

About the New York Times article: it was pretty good. I liked that they focused on Francisco's experience and didn't emphasize how difficult it was for his family. The picture is really weird though; why did they have to use a picture of him playing a video game and therefore looking (because you can't see the game) like he's staring into space? There must be a picture of him smiling at Christmas or something. I mean, I understand why they like to have pictures of people doing everyday things, but it just seems kind of othering to use a picture where he has an expression like that.

1 comment:

  1. The photo on the "lost" sign looked like "the real Francesco" to me.

    The video-game one, I could take or leave.

    But there could be an argument that 'smiling at Christmas' would be equally othering.

    ReplyDelete