13 March, 2013

PS. I also told my friend how I find it offensive when I describe my job to people and they'll say things like "That must make you feel good, helping someone out." Then I automatically think the person is an idiot. My friend, who works with kids, said she doesn't exactly find it offensive but it still makes the person unappealing. She said it seems like people can't relate to the idea of someone actually liking that kind of work so they assume it has something to do with wanting to do good deeds. All they can think about someone who works with kids or disabled people is, "Oh, they must like feeling good about themselves."

She said that she doesn't understand the appeal of working in an office and that when she sees people in suits going by, she thinks, "Oh, they must like money."

No comments:

Post a Comment