23 March, 2011

I can hear the laughs

I know this is what tumblr is for, but I just covered one of my Lifetime Favorite Songs (literally since I was 12), and, because of the things I have been writing about the last few days, I have been thinking how disability, music, sexuality, and religion all feel to me like sort of the same thing, and this song covers it all which is maybe why it always feels to me like it contains everything I'll ever need to hear.



You can really fall, wake up in a ruined house,
wrapped up in a torn-down curtain.
And when I get to hell will the lovely girls come down
to the banks of that red, red river?

I can hear the laughs when they find I've fallen down again.
I can hear the laughs and it hurts so bad I have to smile.

You can take a lot, put back not a thing,
still come home looking thinner.
And when I get to Oz, will the lovely witch come down,
kiss my pale, bleeding brow?

I can hear the laughs when they find I've fallen down again.
I can hear the laughs and it hurts so bad I have to smile.

1 comment:

  1. this is really cool! Did you learn to play guitar yourself, or take lessons? (I found your blog a couple of links off of Tranarchism)

    ReplyDelete