25 January, 2010

reasons not to go to graduate school:

everything
not good at school
feel good when I am doing concrete things
I don't want to be any more like Buster Bluth than I already am.

reasons to go to ABA school:

could be a more convincing undercover disabled person in the future
but also might die of panic

reasons to go to divinity school:

it's super interesting
would get to not be surrounded by puffed-up atheists (i.e. the whole Oberlin student body)
if I get an advanced degree, MY DISABILITY WOULD BE PART OF MY NAME!

6 comments:

  1. Buster Bluth is a television character who is just like me in almost every way.

    Wikipedia

    Video evidence

    (now I find out once and for all if hyperlinks work in comments)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They work!

    Loved watching the Hey Brother clip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. except - wouldn't divinity school be graduate school?

    but it seems like it might be a good idea, and plus you'd have a reason to take another standardized test - right?

    though i'm not bright enough in this instance to figure out what you mean about your disability being part of your name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOCTOR OF DIVINITY TODD
    gosh.

    although, apparently this is only in the UK. but I love the Edinburgh divinity school and would totally go back. in America you have like a TD or an STD (hilarious!).

    ReplyDelete